Sunday, July 5, 2009

Review: Christian Dior Harmonie Blush in Rose Brazilia and Coral Riviera

I've always heard good things about the Christian Dior blushes, and when their summer collections came out this year, I thought I'd give it a try. I had read rave reviews of these new Bronze de Harmonie blushes, especially the shade in Coral Riviera, and after swatching both at my local Sephora, I purchased this peachy, corally shade.

Normally I am not the biggest fan of coral/peach shades. They turn out kind of orange on me, and I am definitely a pink blush kind of girl due to my cooler Asian coloring.

According to Dior, the product is...

A palette of multi-effect shades to sculpt and illuminate the face, featuring new gold Cannage-style detailing and a blendable formula for an easy and flawless application. In two universal and easy-to-wear shade harmonies: Rose Brazilia and Coral Riviera.
At $42.00 each, this is not a blush for the faint-of-heart.

Yes, the gold glitter goes away after one or two applications. This is a plus, because I wear these blushes daily and I like to keep it natural. Both shades are lovely, applying flawlessly (I like to use M.A.C. 187 or a fluffy blush brush, depending on the intensity I want). It's super fine-milled, easy to blend out, and doesn't create any harsh lines or streaks like some of the M.A.C. blushes do. You really do get what you pay for. Truly it is an amazing buttery formula that takes the work out of blush application.

The Coral Riviera is surprisingly good on me and looks quite natural. It's good for the lazy days. It's an amazing peach-coral shade with the bronze sheen built into it so wonderfully. I'm not very good with bronzers and this is one of the first I've tried that's worked on me.

The "bronzing" aspect is not so apparent in the Rose Brazilia shade. It's a lovely and slightly warm pink on me, and is incredibly wearable. It's replaced M.A.C.'s Dollymix as my favorite baby-pink blush. This one has less of the bronzing sheen, like I said, and it's more matte than the other color. While Coral Riviera departs a lovely sheen that is more obvious, the sheen in Rose Brazilia is slight, subtle, and brings out the sparkle in my eyes.


Rose Brazilia on.

My favorite shade is Rose Brazilia, because of the texture and quality of the sheen, as well as the lovely subtle warm pink (with the slight touch of peach!), but I know many people who prefer Coral Riviera.

Whichever you choose, this is an excellent product. Both shade are perfect for everyday use in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment